St. John’s Episcopal Church is searching for our next Rector. You can learn more about our vibrant parish community by reading our parish profile below. Interested applicants should contact:
Canon Richard Norman Diocese of Southwest Florida firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular updates to our parish about the search can be found on this page.
Our Next Rector
We are praying for a Rector who:
- Values our liturgy, worship, and music traditions and keeps them vibrant and relevant.
- Is an articulate, compelling preacher and teacher who inspires and educates, while clearly relating the Word of God to our lives.
- Is a strong spiritual leader who has a personal relationship with God and an interest in serving all of God’s people.
- Recognizes the importance of our Parish Day School and the unique opportunity it brings to evangelize our families and students.
- Is a warm, compassionate leader, accessible to parishioners from all age groups, backgrounds, and viewpoints.
- Supports openhearted pastoral care for all parishioners.
- Understands our need to evangelize, reach out to those around us, and attract young people and families for the future growth of our parish.
- Has strong social and communication skills with the ability to create and build a sense of community.
- Is a good steward of our facilities and a responsible financial manager.
- Has the administrative experience to manage a complex institution.